Sugar Cookie Dough
2/3 C shortening
3/4 C. sugar
1 tsp. grated orange peel
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
4 T milk
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt.
Mix together and chill for about 1 hour in the fridge. Spread in bar pan and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. (I doubled the recipe for the one I made-It may have been a little thick)
As for the frosting. I do not really have a recipe. I just add 8 oz. cream cheese, a little vanilla and enough powered sugar to taste good and be a good consistency for frosting. So after the dough has cooled I spread the frosting over it.
As for fruit. I have found that fresh fruit tastes the best although you can use canned fruit if it is well drained. I usually use Kiwi, Strawberies, raspberries, fresh pears or apples (cut really small). I put a little lemon juice on the ones I made to keep the fruit looking fresh. Wait to put the fruit on until you are close to serving.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment