Thursday, August 14, 2008

Italian Lasagna

This is really the yummiest lasagna ever!! It came from my cousin in California and every time I have made it everyone asks for the recipe. It has a lot of ingredients but it is SO worth it!!


1 lb. Italian Sausage (can be hot...I use a mixture of both) I even put in 1 1/2 lbs.
2 cans chopped stewed italian tomatoes (possibly three if you put 1 1/2 lbs. sausage)
2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste2 coves garlic, minced
**1T Parsley (Fresh)
**1T Basil (Fresh)
**24 oz. cottage cheese (or ricotta cheese)
**1/2 c. fresh parmesan cheese
**2 eggs
**1 1/2 t. salt
**1/2 t. ground pepper1 mozzarella ball (I use a little more than that...I just get the double pack at Costco and use 1 1/2 of it)
lasagna noodles Cook noodles and then drain (run cold water over them)...set aside.

Mix together ** ingredients...and then set aside. Cook sausage and then add garlic, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for 20 min. until sauce is thick. In a 13x9 inch pan layer noodles, sausage mixture, mozzarella slices, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, noodles.... and then repeat again so you have noodles between each layer. Bake 375 for 30-40 minutes. Let stand for 15 min. before serving.Enjoy!

No comments: